LOVE AGAIN REMIX CONTEST
These Official Rules (the “Rules”) govern your participation in Meltt’s "Love Again" Remix Contest (the “Contest”). Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules as well as the Terms of Service posted at http://meltt.ca/terms (the “Terms”). To the extent there is a conflict between these Rules and the Terms, these Rules will govern.
1. Material Terms. You may not use any third party’s content in your Entry unless you have the express permission of that third party or the content is in the public domain.
2. Entry Period. The Contest’s audio elements will go online at or about 1pm pst, May 20th, 2020. You may enter the Contest by creating remixes on http://meltt.ca/remix (the “Contest Page”) from 1pm pst, May 20th, 2020 until 11:59pm pst, June 10th, 2020.
3. License to Stem. Solely to create an entry, you may download, reproduce, edit, distribute, publicly perform and create derivative works of the Stem to create an original fully-mixed audio remix of the Stem. The Stems are provided for the purpose of the identified Contest only. No further rights are granted in the Stems or vested in you by the act of downloading the Stems.
4. Permitted Materials. In addition to the Stem, you may include in your Entry music you create yourself, material in the public domain, and/or other material for which you have express permission to use and license in accordance with these Rules. Elements added by you must not include any viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, malware, or other computer programming routines that may damage or detrimentally interfere with any computer or other device. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the content in your Entry is remixed by you. IF YOU USE CONTENT THAT YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST AND YOUR ENTRY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED
5. Qualification. You may enter multiple times, but each individual or group entrant is only eligible for one prize.
6. Format of Entries; License Grant and Ownership. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Rules, you are hereby granted a limited revocable, personal license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly perform your Entry(ies) to and through your accounts or channels on the following online service providers: YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud (each, a “Third Party Site”) for non-commercial purposes only. Sponsors and their licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Rules. Meltt may terminate the rights granted in this Section immediately upon notice (via e-mail) to you if you breach these Rules.
7. Judging. The Judge’s Grand Prize winner will be chosen by Meltt
8. Indemnification. By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Meltt’s Parties harmless from: (a) any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond Meltt’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and (e) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Meltt may modify or edit winning Entries to ensure the audio quality or for any purpose that Meltt deem necessary or desirable. Meltt may undertake, or instruct its representatives to undertake, such reasonable editing or modifications.